What is IV Hydration Therapy?
Intravenous (IV) therapy is a method of feeding vitamins, minerals, and amino acids directly into the bloodstream, and is used to correct intracellular nutrient deficiencies and also support and enhance body function. Oral intake of high doses is simply not possible due to absorption limitations from the digestive process. Patients can receive up to 10 times the nutrients in one treatment as they could get orally in one day.
Current scientific evidence has demonstrated that a variety of conditions may benefit from the use of IV nutrition, including:
- Poor detoxification
- Increased stress
- Cardiovascular disease
- Pre/post surgery
- Chemotherapy/radiation side effects
- Weakened immune system
- Chronic pain
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Upper respiratory infections, cold and flu
What is a Myer's Cocktail?
- Developed by John Myers, MD
- Combines magnesium chloride, calcium gluconate, vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and vitamin C
- Indicated for: fatigue, migraines, muscle pain, infections
What is Glutathione?
- Glutathione (GSH) is an antioxidant that is capable of preventing damage to important cellular components caused by reactive oxygen species such as free radicals, peroxides, lipid peroxides, and heavy metals.
- The ultimate anti-aging antioxidant!
- Indicated for: chronic inflammation, “brain fog”, digestion issues, auto-immune diseases
Why IV Vitamin C?
- Infusing vitamin C through the blood stream allows much higher doses to be administered, compared to taking vitamin C orally.
- Only so much vitamin C can be absorbed through the gut and high oral doses can cause an upset stomach and diarrhea.
- Doses of vitamin C above 5g have been shown to have anti-tumor properties.
- Indicated for: immune boost, sickness prevention (especially during cold/flu season and while traveling), supports quality of life and side-effect prevention during chemotherapy and radiation.
What to expect during your treatment?
- Hydration sessions are relaxing, calming experiences that take between 30 minutes and 2 hours depending on hydration prescription.
- You’ll be under the care of a trained medical professional, who has advanced training in IV hydration therapies from the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M).
- We’ll provide water, blankets, heating pads and a relaxing atmosphere for your infusion.