What is Acupuncture?
- A family of procedures involving the stimulation of specific points on the body.
- The most scientifically studied technique involves penetrating the skin with thin, solid, metal needles that are manipulated by the hands or electrical stimulation.
- It serves a quarter of the world’s population, has increased in public/medical acceptance in the US and Europe, and is the fastest growing complementary health care field.
- In Asian countries, there are entire hospitals that ONLY practice acupuncture.
What to expect?
- Your first appointment will last approximately 60 minutes.
- The acupuncturist will talk with you about your medical history and any symptoms/concerns that you are having.
- The treatment plan will be explained and you will be treated on your first visit.
- Most patients feel some relief after their first visit, and often patients feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
Numerous studies have been conducted that show acupuncture to be safe and very effective in various conditions, including:
- Pain conditions/chronic pain
- Menopausal symptoms (i.e., hot flashes)
- Menstrual cramps
- Sleep disturbances
- Chemotherapy related symptoms
*Medicare covers up to 20 acupuncture visits per year*
Click here for pricing information
About the Acupuncturist
Zachary Hurt, ND, MSAc, LAc
Having grown up in a family that would reach for a natural remedy over more conventional medicines, I have been a firm believer in alternative medicine from a very young age. As our naturopathic tenets suggest, it is my duty to use the least invasive treatment methods to treat the whole person by stimulating the body's innate ability to heal itself. As a naturopathic doctor and acupuncturist, I will dig deep into your history, lab work and current condition in order to formulate a treatment that will address the underlying cause of your illness.
I had the incredible opportunity of working with Peter D'Adamo, ND, during a one year residency and am well-versed in the Blood Type Diet. Other specialties include fertility, pain management, women's and men's health, stress/anxiety, nutrition, auto-immune disease, and facial rejuvenation among many others.